Re:

  If you are asking what I think you are asking, search on the web
(www.dogpile.com) for "rational rose".

  There is a copyrighted version of Rose out there that is free.  The
copyright is used to prohibit users of the code from ever suing the
creators of the coded, not to prohibit the free use of the code for any
reason.

  ASN.1, if I remember correctly from about 2 years ago is a way to create
managed information bases and code for things like SNMP.

  I wrote some code to ASN.1 for TR303, and wrote a TL1 object oriented
compiler/parser system so you could interface such stuff.  This is mainly
telcommunications industry.

bug