Re: GNU RCS with MinGW32 or CygWin32

On 13 Feb 98 at 6:31,  Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@hotmail.com> wrote:

> As for djgpp, they have a 16 bit version of bash, crippled with 8.3
> filenames.  They say they support long file names with special
> environment variables but I've never gotten it to work.

Hi!

Without any intention of being picky, i'd like to say that DJGPP tools are not
16-bit programs; they're 32-bit, protected-mode DOS programs.  That's possible
due to DPMI (DOS Protect Mode Interface. Or so i guess :-)

Concerning the use of long filenames, it is possible under Win95 due to the use
of Win95's LFN API, activated with the line

+LFN=y

in the file DJGPP.ENV, a configuration place for DJGPP software.

Concerning your BASH porting project, how are things going?  I'd like to help
in something, if that's possible.

Regards,
++Hilton