RE: GNU RCS with MinGW32 or CygWin32

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> I've attempted without success, so far, to port bash to Mingw32.  I'm
> real interested in getting this accomplished so maybe we can work
> together.  The main problems are the fork and wait functions.  There are

It's almost impossible to have bash working without fork() call - bash
relies on this call and makes a lot of job in the forked process. Let me
point you to (:-) ash - it's a light-weight bourne shell implementation
(cygwin-compiled executable is only 55K in size) and seems to me a good
candidate for mingw port - it does a little in a forked process and
probably may be rewritten to use spawn() calls instead of fork/exec easy
enough.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia