Linux "bazaar" model (Re: Beta-19 and configurations....)

The issue of why Linux has been successful was the topic of our last
Linux meeting.  (http://www.svlug.org/)  Eric Raymond talked about his
paper, "The Cathedral and the Bazaar".
(http://earthspace.net/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/)

The main difference is that Linus takes in all the fixes and constantly
makes releases.  The users are happy to get bugs fixed, and the
developers feel appreciated.  (There are stable releases, too.)  The way
we are waiting so long for Beta-19 and the lack of response to
contributors shows that we are using the cathedral approach instead.

Dan Kionka

-