Re: Unique DLL name per release...

In article <199802112152.OAA19744@sedona.intel.com>,
Jason V. Robertson <jvrobert@sedona.intel.com> wrote:
>We are going to be possibly using multiple versions of the cygwin32
>release, and we're thinking about adding a version number to the DLL to
>easily allow this.
>
>Is there any problem with this, and why isn't this done on the default
>release?

Multiple versions are already allowed in the coolview release (which is
essentially a snapshot of the upcoming B19 release).  The shared
information uses a key which is based on the time of compilation so,
theoretically, you should be able to have different versions of cygwin
in use at the same time.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."