Re: Beta-19 and configurations....

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:

> I suggest we all carefully think over and design WHAT exactly is to be
> included into the distribution of b19, and what options should the setup
> be given.
> Maybe, it's worth to do less things in the setup GUI, and package a
> minimalized perl+win32 support to manipulate the registry from upon the
> installation?
>
> Things I think are important from those that are not distributed
> currently,
> and were not cleanly announced previously as those to be icluded into
> b19, are
> (as understood, optional -- to be selected at the setup stage):

Sounds like you're suggesting a slackware type distribution.  That could
be nice if it were integrated with an auto-ftp feature so that one uses an
install program that goes and looks for a list of what it can install,
provides a menu to the user and then installs what the user wants after
ftping the files to their computers.

--Ron
      o           Work to live; \   vaniwaar@ca.metsci.com
     /\            Live to bike; \   http://www-math.cudenver.edu/~rvan
__(_)/_(_)___.-._                  \   Note the new addresses!

-