lib-www on Win95/cygwin32 - (some) success!

Greetings, Lists!  Just in case anybody gives a rats ass ;p I finally made
some ground with lib-www on my win95 machine. The big stroke, as it turns
out, is to use cygwin32 from cygnus (www.cygnus.com). This is a really
decent piece of work, and when tweaked to perfection provides a unix-like
environment in which to operate gcc (and other software) that is good
enough to twist this win95 box into an eerie mix of M$W and bash$.

Toss in some good support binaries for awk, grep, and sed, and I was able
to generate config.h and compile most of the library source without
trouble. The compile eventually crashed with a complaint about 'timezone'
not being defined. I did have to tweak an apparently dain-bramaged bit of
the 'configure' script that seemed to prevent building for anything but
SunO$ architecture; I didn't quite get that one.

An interesting note: when it exited, it did so on a SIG33. It claimed an
internal compiler error. I'd be interested to know what exactly a SIG33
represents.

Any Takers?

Cheers to you all!
-James

To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.
                -- Robert Heller

-