Re: Newbie questions

Hi Silas,

Since it appears that you are more interested in a true Win32
environment you might take a look at the Mingw32 ports available via
Colin Peters' page whose URL is listed below.

The Cygnus project adds a UNIX layer between tools and executables.
This adds overhead that you may not be interested in.  The Mingw32
project removed the dependency on the cygwin.dll.  When files are read
by programs built with Mingw32 and the default modes are used on the
open function, the programs will read \n or \r\n and write \r\n.

You will also find your one parameter mkdir function and your strlwr
function.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)