using gdb

I am trying to debug using gdb a rather large program compiled using the egcs1.0 compiler supplied by
Mumit Khan.

The problem I have is trying to plant a stop in the failing(?) routine. I have tried b function_name but get
back

	cannot access memory at .......

I have tried to use the windows i/f but get the following problems

	gdb: unknown target exception 0xc000001d at 0x005100dc

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.

I have also tried the non windows i/f and get similar fails.
I have tried stepping into the fail but get

[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: error 0]

This does not necessarily stop the session BUT I appear to fail on the step - it just runs on.

Any suggestions?

Kevin

PS this code works perfectly on a solaris system

-