Linking with gcc-built DLL in MSVC?

Folks -

Is it possible to link with a gcc-built DLL (eg cygwin.dll in the latest
distribution) when compiling/linking with MSVC?  When I link in
libcygwin.a I get wierd unresolved symbol errors (for symbols whict
*are* defined in cygwin.dll), and I now suspect that I need a
Microsoft-approved .lib file.  I know I can generate such a beast by
building the source distribution with MSVC, but is there a less painful
route through this?

Thanks!

Matt.
--
/\/\att Stupple    TIBCO, Gracechurch House, London EC3V OJA
matts@tibco.com    http://www.tibco.com/   +44(0)171 2956053