Re: Beta-19 and configurations....

Hi John,

Most, if not all of the coolview changes will be included in the next
release.  I can't speak to the text=binary; but only to say, that since
it is a requirement with the coolview that it will be the default setup
mode in B19.

I prefer setting up my own filesystem directories.  So setting up
default ones doesn't really appeal to me.

As for utilities, if you check the project page you will understand why
they are not included.  However, I must admit that it would be nice to
have executable binaries for man, info and less; but that would also
require having binaries for termcap and/or ncurses.  I would rather
Cygnus spend it's time working on gcc and binary tools then I can just
port the others.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)