RE: still a problem logging in

>Christoph Kukulies [SMTP:kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE]
> I got coolview
> I got remote.tar.gz
> I have unpacked it into /usr...
> I run inetd.exe
>
> But I can't login neither with kuku/password_of_kuku
> nor with Gast/gast (for which I set the password using
> user manager)
>
> BTW. inetd dies, as soon as an empty /etc directory
*	is created.

1.	Inetd must be running from an account which has the mount points
in the registry.  These mount points are in HKEY_USER and not
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE where they should be.  If you have not specified an
account, Administrator is used.  Logon as Administrator and mount at
least /.
2.	/etc should not be empty.  Use mkpasswd.

Kevin
-