Problem with ln

I am trying to compile the CDK on a NT 4.0 machine, but I have a problem.
While running configure, it always fails due to the same error:
--cut--
ln: /cdk/libiberty/alloca-norm.h: No such file or directory
*** /cdk/configure: unable to link "alloca-conf.h" to \
"/cdk/libiberty/alloca-norm.h".
--cut--
  I have confirmed the file exists and that I have write access to . and even
rw access to the /cdk/libiberty/alloca-norm.h. I cannot figure out why this
might be. Can someone suggest a solution?