Re: date in a backgrounf task ?

On 09 Dec 1997 20:02:00 +0100
mh@mike.franken.de (Michael Hirmke) wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> I'm trying to use "date" in a batch file, which is called by an NT service
> (Legato Networker save). Whenever the date command gets started, it sits
> there doing nothing, leaving the batch file waiting forever. Only way to
> get the batch running further is to kill date.exe from taskmanager.
>
> Any idea, what might cause this behaviour ?
> If I start this batch from the command line, everything work as
> expected.
Looks like a rights problem to me. Programs started from services use
the 'SYSTEM' account which doesn't have much rights. Looks like you need
to create a special account and tell the service to use it. Open
control-panel/services, find your service, select it, choose 'Startup'
and change 'Logon as'.
Another problem you could have is that 'date' is waiting for you to
press enter, meaning your redirection is somehow wrong.

Joop

----
Joop van de Wege
Mobile Computing Consultants