Re: Mailing List

At 04:34 31/10/97 -0500, Scott Warner wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to respond to items in the mailing list without
>sending email to that person?  Or is that the only way, then it is
>forwarded to the list?

Scott, that is entirely a function of your mail reader. Once you set up a
reply, check the headers and delete entries from the to, cc or bcc fields
as appropriate. I don't know Microsoft Internet Mail at all, but I expect
there is a way to do this. If it is hiding those fields from you ("We're
from Microsoft and we know more about what you are doing than you do."),
there should be a way to make them visible.

However, the way lists work, if the person is a member of the list and you
send to the list, the person will get a copy from the list. Some folks
(like me) let list email accumulate before looking at it. They will respond
much more rapidly to a personal (directly addressed) copy. The reason is
that a lot of mail readers (the programs) allow the user to set up filters
to toss list email to separate folfers, where they can ignore it for a while.

		-- C^2

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://web.idirect.com/~ccurley
-