Re: pathname conversion

Because Microsoft's programmers are IDIOTS, and
have been ever since 1982 when dos 1 came out

Most file systems allow for a continuous directory tree
via the mount command or mount() system call.

this means that when you "mount" an NFS directory,
say with your $HOME dir from your IFS, all you have to
do is cd $HOME, and you are able to read, write copy etc.
files in your $HOME dir at your IFS just like they were
on your home computer.

This also eliminates the need for multiple partitions,
huge amounts of "slack" space at the end of every
file, and many of the other "BENEFITS" of using
such wonderful DOS isms as drive letters clusters etc...

All of these file system features have been around
since before dos 1 was released, at first via a file system
called minix, and more recently and in an even more advanced
form called ext2, try installing a real OS, called linux.

Now if I could just convince the public, so the good game designers
would start developing for it I could make this stupid miswritten
crash prone junk pile of an OS called windoze go faster,
I've got an 82 MPH fast ball and, I bet I could get 95 out of
the CD.