Re: POSIX semantics?

Is your E: NTFS or FAT? Local or remote? Which mkdir command were you
running? One built to use the POSIX subsystem, or one built to Win32?
One ported from a Unix box, or one written by MS programmers who still
didn't quite believe it was reasonable to allow case-sensitive
filenames?

You can choose to believe me, or you can choose not to. Either way, the
fact remains that the POSIX subsystem as shipped by Microsoft in NT 3.51
and NT 4.0 is quite capable of creating case-sensitive directory names.
It wouldn't have passed the NIST PCTS were that not the case; I'm fairly
certain something very much like this appeared in it.

Running OpenNT 2.0 on an NTFS local drive:

$ mkdir aaa AAA
$ touch aaa/foo AAA/bar
$ ls [aA]*
AAA: