Re: BASH prompt modification.

Panos Platon Tsapralis wrote:

>         Dear friends,
>
>         I want to modify the command line prompt of BASH so that it
> will show on-screen ( after complete execution of every command ) the
> current directory ( the output of pwd or the content of $PWD ). How on
> earth do I do this ? I have made endless efforts to find a solution
> but to no avail. Please help me...

{ snip }

BASH Version:
=============
#!/bin/ksh
# --------------------------------------------------------------
#   File    :   prompt
#   Location:   ~/bin
#   Function:   Set my prompt just the way I like it
# --------------------------------------------------------------
echo "$(date '+%H:%M:%S'):  Running prompt"
export PS1="
\t
[ \$PWD ]
\u@\h
\!$ "

Solaris SVR4 Version:
=====================
#!/bin/ksh
# --------------------------------------------------------------
#   File    :   prompt
#   Location:   ~/bin
#   Function:   Set my prompt just the way I like it
# --------------------------------------------------------------
# echo "$(date '+%H:%M:%S'):  Running prompt"
export PS1="
[ \$PWD ]
$(whoami)\"@\"$(hostname)
!$ "

--

David Means
mailto:dmeans@bellsouth.net

He who dies with the most toys, still dies.
No one gets outta here alive.
-