Bug in Win GDB ??

Hi,

I am using b18 of cygnus-32.
After adding sh.exe to bin, removing -lX11 from the Makefile
and changing the position of tk/xlib/X11 to tk/generic/X11, I
eventually got a running version of gdb.

I am writing a remote target for GDB and I tested it under
Solaris. It works fine so far. With each memory (target) request
I print out the core mem addr, the mem addr., and the length of the request.

If I define an array with :

ptype dmod_image
type = unsigned char [1024]

this type and do a print I my own debug info :

p dmod_image
gsut_xfer_memory - parameters :
     core mem addr : 2b904
     gdb mem adr   : 152838
     length        : 1024
     Writemode     : 0

This works fine under Unix, but when I run GDB Windows, I get this :

gsut_xfer_memory - parameters :
     core mem addr : 2b904
     gdb mem adr   : 36b3838
     length        : 1024
     Writemode     : 0
gsut_xfer_memory - parameters :
     core mem addr : 2b91b
     gdb mem adr   : 36b384f
     length        : 1001
     Writemode     : 0
gsut_xfer_memory - parameters :
     core mem addr : 2b932
     gdb mem adr   : 36b3866
     length        : 978
     Writemode     : 0

and so on. GDB reads 1024 Bytes from the right address. Then it reads
1024-23 Bytes,
from an address which is exactly 23 Bytes later and so on until it reads
only the rest
12 Bytes. I thought somebody might know the answer why GDB is behaving that
way under
Windows and not under Unix.

I am running Windows Nt 4.0 and the files I am debugging are in COFF Format.

Thanks,
	Bijan
-