Re: Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

> >I get this sometimes at RtlFreeHeap+0x21, on program runs with the same

> Your message came right after I started seeing these pop up with another
> application I was extending.  This application has no relation to gnu-win32
> (God forbid!;-)).  It appears from the documentation that this is indicative
> of a memory overwrite situation.  You and I are both going to need some
> memory debugging tools/gobs of time to track down our respective problems.
> Although I'll make no guarantees, I don't think your problem is specifically
> related to gnu-win32.  I know mine is not.

I think it must be b18 (or b18+Mingw32) related as I had the same program
built with b17 running for several weeks of intensive testing. The only change I
have made in going to b18+ming is to use time() instead of gettimeofday().

The problem is intermittent, the same run will sometimes crash, sometimes not. My
client gets the same thing sometimes. I think the problem is corruption of the
heap, but I can't think how to detect when it actually happens - my crash happens
at the end of a long run which does thousands (millions?) of small allocations
and deallocations of memory.
--
John Cooper (JPSC Ltd, UK)

-