Re: EXE has file junk in it

Gunther wrote:
>No, I have never seen this and I can't imagine how
>such things could happen. How did you realize this
>behaviour? Could you give some hints how to reproduce
>it?

I realized it because I am nosy and thought to myself,
"hey, why not open the EXE in a text editor just for
fun." :) I have a folder:

  D:\Programming\GNU Development\test\

With only the file "test.c" in it. The file contains:

  #include <stdio.h>

  int main( void )
  {
    printf( "Testing 1 2 3 %d!!!!", 4 );
    return 0;
  }

I compile it using the command line:

  gcc -o test.exe test.c

and it makes a 14KB EXE... The EXE works fine, but if
I look inside it using a text editor (or just by typing
"type test.exe" at the prompt), I see some code from
another program in the folder (I think):

  D:\Programming\GNU Development\cgivars\

I'm using Windows 95...

Bill Klein <bk@cheerful.com> - http://bk.base.org/

"For every browser, there is an equal and
 opposite rebrowser."
                              -Bill Klein
-