Re: Compiling PERL5.003 with B18

In article <338194D2.15FB@bnp-eng.remcomp.com>,
Eric Nicolas  <nicolas@bnp-eng.remcomp.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just installed BETA18. Everything seems to work just fine. Even
>the 'ls -l' is a lot faster than before. "Bravo" !
>
>I'm now trying to compile Perl 5.003 with B18. I read a lot of
>mails about perl mixing its 'configure' and 'Configure' files,
>etc.

I've just finished building perl 5.004 for B18.  It has a cygwin32
hint file that gets you most of the way there.

I had to patch two files to get it working correctly.  Environment
variable clearing was screwed up and loading of .dll's from mounted
directories wasn't working correctly.

If you're interested in perl 5.004, I can send you the patches.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."