Re: NATIONAL CHARACTERS IN b18

On Sun, 18 May 1997, Tage Westlund wrote:

> But, recently I have found that swedish, danish and
> german users have complained about the national charac-
> ters, typed by using the Alt Gr shift key. They simply
> do not work, they say.
> For us this is a real obstacle because those letters
> are as frequent in our languages as are the characters
> of the english language.
Tage missed to spell out the main obstackle with national characters...
It's not only a matter that we can't write "rdksmvrges", shrimp sandwich
that is... But more serious is that we can't type in "|$" or even "{[]}"!
(That is pipe, dollar, curly and hard braces) So us international users
are quite grounded...

/chris@netman.se - unix without pipe is like "rdksmvrges" without shrimp!

-