Bash Problems

I have downloaded and installed the 18b version of the gnu-win32 user
tools under Windows 95. Bash has now been defined as the default shell
in Emacs and bash runs smoothly within a *shell* buffer.

However, I have problems when running bash from a DOS prompt
window. Firstly, the `Alt Char' key does not work. This means that I'm
not able to get access to the characters `$', `|', ``' and others
which hampers the usefulness of bash considerably. I have tried to
define some keybindings for these characters in ~/.inputrc, but for
unknown reasons it does not work.

Another problem is related to copying/pasting text to and from the DOS
prompt window. When bash is started trying to paste something into the
DOS prompt window (using the paste button on the tool bar) will make
the window hang, and the only possible operation left is closing the
window.

I would be very grateful for help on these problems.

Steen

--

                           \\\|///