Re: g77 with Cygnu.b18

Hello Mr Khan:

As I understand, the g77 you ported needs the corresponding gcc (b.17.1) in the same tar.Z file. Does that mean that the g77 you ported will not work under b.18 ( because of difference between the gcc's ) ?

I am willing to try Cygnu b18. However, the g77 you ported is the only FORTRAN compiler I can use in my home PC. ( My old Microsoft FORTRAN compiler can not handle array of size larger than 64 K bytes). Also, I am porting a FORTRAN package that is originally for UNIX.

Please let me know if I can install the Cygnu b18 and kepp g77 working.

Sincerely,
Wei Ku

***************************************
Department of Physics and Astronomy