Re: NEED HELP: linking an exe with windows lib files

Sorry, I just washed ie4.0, and I can't do a thing with it ;^)

but this one should be right.

>> to John Lewis

You have 2 choices that I know of, use MS link32.exe, or build .def files,
and from that make a libname.a type library, inclosed is a script ot make
.def files from .lib files, if You, or anyone else who reads this has a
copy of crtdll.lib, or oldnames.lib, please run this script on it and post
the resulting .def file back to the list or to Me ;^).

to make the library itself, run

dlltool --as=as -k --dllname "name".dll --output-lib "name".a --def
"name".def

where name is the name of the dll you are linking to.

#!/bin/sh

tlow(){
echo $1|tr A-Z a-z
}

if [ x"$1" = x"" ];then
  echo "shell script to generate .def files from .LIB files
  $0 filename ..."
  exit 0
else
  for file in $*;do
      echo LIBRARY `basename $file .LIB` \
> `tlow \`basename $file .LIB\`.def`; \
echo EXPORTS >> `tlow \`basename $file .LIB\`.def`; \
nm --extern-only $file |egrep '^........ [TR]' \
|fgrep -v '\$AA C@_0 @@' \
|sort \
  >> `tlow \`basename $file .LIB\`.def`;
done
fi

# T= .text section R= readonly .data section (exported variables)
# $AA C@_0 @@ exported structure/C++ function definitions (Micros*** wierd
C++ name mangeling bust)

-