Re: bash problem b17.1 under Windows NT 4/NTFS

At 19:50 97/03/14 -0800, you wrote:
>Mark Levine wrote:
>>
>> I am running b17.1 under Windows NT 4.0.
>>
>> The following command sequence when run under bash fails when running on an
>> NTFS file system:
>>
>>         % cat >foo <<EOF
>>         > aaa
>>         > bbb
>>         > EOF
>>         bash.exe: 49069028: No such file or directory
>>
>> The file foo is created but it is empty, the number in the error messages
>> sometimes is different, last few digits change.
>>
>> The above works fine on a FAT file system partition.
>>
>> As a result of this problem I can not build any of the GNU software from
>> source because the configure script will fail because of this problem.

..snip

>In other words, mkdir /tmp

I did have a /tmp mounted to G:\TEMP, / is mounted to F:\Cygnus, /usr is
mounted to F:\Cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32.  I also have a C partition (FAT), and
a D, E, F, G, T are all NTFS.  I had the above problem on the G partition
where I was trying to build some source, in a subdirectory under /tmp.
After much experimentation I remounted /tmp on my T partition and the
problem went away.  I am not sure why.

*                     Visit Our Web Page at:                           *
*               http://www.tiac.net/users/dynasens                     *
* Mark Levine                   | EMAIL: dynasens@tiac.net             *
* DynaSense Consulting Services |                                      *
* Framingham, MA 01701          |                                      *

-