Re: Running Bash Scripts? - Summary

Thanks to everyone who replied. Here is a summary for the archive:

1. The bin directory (in my case h:\Cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\bin) must be in
your DOS path. Set this up using a *.bat script which start bash.

2. The bin directory must contain a sh.exe. This can be a copy of bash.exe
(as the current implementation of cygwin32 does not support symbolic
links).

3. The $SHELL environment variable is ignored by bash (This is clear from
the bash manpage, but I thought it was used by bash...)

4. The bash PATH does not *have* to point to the bin directory to run, but
your script will probably contain commands which do require it.

1 and 2 are strange conditions: anyone have a good reason why they exist?

Paul

-