GNU-WIN32: Request for better error message if /tmp is missing

Hi, you wrote:

: Do you have /tmp in place?  If not, try creating it.  Bash assumes its
: existence.  I think it is a bug to not say
:
: ./configure:  /tmp: No such file or directory
:
: instead.

I second this. Exactly what I wanted to say!

BTW, tracing could have helped here to reveal the culprit "/tmp",
but I haven't tried it for this case. Also, those not reading in the FAQ
about /tmp probably don't know how to do this either.

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-