Re: gtk+ applications crash when filechooser opened

On 1/2/2014 12:30 PM, Carl Michal wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Geoffrey Yerem wrote:

Hello,
    Has anyone found a resolution to this problem?  I've been
searching for weeks now and haven't been able to find a solution.  My
Cygwin installation has been broken ever since.

I spent a little time trying to debug this a few weeks ago. I did
confirm that the problem doesn't occur on x86_64. On x86 though, it
looks like a Heisenbug - it behaved differently when running in the
debugger, and differently depending on how you hit it in the debugger.
To me it looked like it was buried somewhere in the threading library,
but I didn't really get far enough along to say.

Carl

Hi Carl,
For some reason this problem sounds like something I had to fix before, but I can't really recall anything. I was hoping it was related to a bad configuration file somewhere that I could refresh.

Right now it sounds like it's something that was upgraded recently, but I have no way to track that down. Do you think it's a bug in GTK+, or another library?

	If there were any kind of workaround, that would help me immensely.

Geoffrey