Re: 2 button keypad

Hi Jon

XWin.0.log says I have 5 mouse buttons.  But its lying. I just have 2
mouse pad buttons...  really.  :(

Here is my call:
C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /bin/bash.exe --login  -c "xinit -- -scrollbars -ac
-clipboard -silent-dup-error -emulate3buttons 100 -unixkill"

I tried from reboot and it still says I have a mouse with 5 buttons.

It seems to me, Windows logs that I had a 5 button mouse at one time and
keeps thinking that I still do.  So it sends that info to XWin which in
turn disables my explicit call, thinking that since 5 != 2, I don't need
it.  (Even if I have 5 mouse buttons I still want to be able to click with
two buttons at the same time to activate middle button.  The reason is I
want both of my computers to behave consistently.)

Anyway it seems you can't trust Windows...

> On 30/09/2013 01:54, bagleyd@tux.org wrote:
>> I am a long time user.  And I love the new 64 bit version seems to cleared
>> up all my virus scanner induced problems.
>> On two different laptops I noticed that -emulate3buttons 100 (or
without
>> the 100) is ignored.  I don't have 2 button mouse only 2 button mousepads.
>>  This used to work.  For Toshiba, I don't know of a work around.  For
my
>> Lenovo, I activated a middle button (but for consistency I would always
like the two button way to always work).

> -emulate3ubttons appears to work correctly for me.
>
>> According to documentation its
>> deactivated if you don't have a 2 button button mouse... so a 2 button
keypad does not seem to qualify?  It seems to me it should never be
deactivated if someone requests it.

--
Cheers,
 /X\  David A. Bagley