Clipboard periodically breaks

I often keep gedit sessions open on remote servers for maintaining various scripts. The problem I've encountered is that after a while I can no longer copy/paste between X and Windows.

For example, I'll copy in windows and attempt to paste in gedit but nothing will happen. However, if I then proceed to copy something in gedit it will immediate "paste" that in place of where I had previously tried to paste from Windows.

Sometimes I can get it working again by bombarding the clipboard with copy/pastes from both X and Windows. But most of the time I have to exit the ssh session and reconnect.

Is this a known problem?

I am using the Cygwin x32 with the latest packages.

Matt D.