Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: XtoW, a native compositing window manager (experimental)

On 05/08/2013 09:54, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug  4 19:17, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> I fixed http://cygwin.com/cygwin-64bit-missing
>
>> To use:
>>
>> * A startxtow script is provided, which writes a suitable xorg.conf, starts
>> the X server, XtoW, xwinclip and a transparent urxvt.  This script is intended
>> to be temporary, to be replaced by something better later on...
>
> The script is missing in the 64 bit version.  How to start XtoW
> without that script?

Oops.  It seems that I made a packaging error and startxtow is missing from
both x86 and x86_64 packages.

I've uploaded a XtoW-20130802-2 which includes the script.

It'll still need some adjusting on x86_64, as it requires both perl-Win32-GUI
and rxvt-unicode-X which aren't yet packaged, but you could work around that
by hard-coding your display dimensions and using a different X terminal...

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer