Re: Make error when compiling xserver-cygwin-1.14.1-1

On 16/06/2013 15:25, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 16/06/2013 13:37, Matt D. wrote:
>> /usr/src/xorg-server-1.14.1-1/src/xserver-cygwin-1.14.1-1/hw/xwin/glx/indirect.c:467: undefined reference to `_wglSwapIntervalEXTWrapper'
>
> These undefined references are a bit mysterious. These wgl*Wrapper functions
> should by defined in the generated_wgl_wrappers.c generated file.

Ah, this is probably due to needing python to generate these files, despite
not having an autoconf check for that.  I've added one.

>> Yes, I do. On that note, the prerequisites are missing:
>>
>> libpixman1-devel
>> libx11-devel
>> libgl-devel
>> libxkbfile-devel
>> libxcb-image-devel
>> lib-icccm-devel
>>
>> (detected during configure)
>>
>> and
>>
>> glapi-devel
>>
>> (detected at compile-time)
>
> Thanks for the list. I'll update the documentation appropriately.

I've added libglapi-devel, libxcb-icccm-devel and libxcb-image-devel.

The others seem to be already on that page.

They may not be getting installed by the setup invocation you give, I think
package name is case sensitive, and setup doesn't diagnose attempts to install
non-existent packages.

>> There is also no sanity check for flex, although it is listed as a prerequisite.
>
> Ok.  I guess I need to add one then :-)

We already have a AC_PROG_LEX check.

Unfortunately, even with this autoconf assumes that lex will not actually be
needed to build as lex generated files will be shipped in the tarball made by
'make dist', and no error is reported if it isn't found.

Also unfortunately, the xserver tarball included in the source package
violates this assumption as it is generated by cygport directly from a git
tag, not using 'make dist', so doesn't include these generated files.

I've made a change so that the configure script in the xserver tarball
included in the source package will now require lex and yacc to be found.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer