Re: text fields in app don't allow input when running Cygwin X

On 17/06/2013 15:44, Deryl Steinert wrote:
> Do you consider this an issue with Cygwin, Java 7 or with our Java apps? If
> the issue is with Cygwin do you foresee implementing a solution anytime
> soon? Or do you know of a workaround we can use in Java?

This might just be a bug in the way the multiwindow mode WM handles focus.

Even if it isn't, a workaround in the multiwindow mode WM seems like a good
idea.  There are no guarantees about when.  Patches thoughtfully considered.

Sorry, I don't know enough about the Java windowing toolkit to know if this
can be worked around in Java.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer