struggling with xauth vs xhost

While in the process of moving from a commercial X server to the
cygwin Xfree server, we seem to have run into a peculiar behavior.

The previous environment made heavy use of xhost. I proposed that in
cygwin xfree we move to xauth as a more secure environment. That has
for the most part worked out.

The environment is that the x applications are running on a Solaris 10
sparc machine, displaying back to Win7 desktops with cygwin 1.7.x
running on them.

When a user chooses the single X window method of opening a local
window which ssh's over to the Unix machines, things seem to work
okay.

 When they choose the "full screen" approach, where the entire window
takes over the desktop, and the window manager and everything else is
running remotely, an xhost is being executed. This causes some
applications to fail because the language used considers that to be a
security risk.

When we look in both local start up files as well as remote start up
files, we do not see where the xhost is being performed.

Is there a way for us to track down where that is occurring so that we
can see about commenting that out?

Thanks!

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.   http://wiki.tcl.tk/