Re: XWin.exe segmentation fault on Windows 7

On Aug 13 13:17, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 13/08/12 05:23, Chris LeBlanc wrote:
> >I compiled xorg with debugging from the source packages, and that
> >shows the same behaviour.  I can step through the debugger, but the
> >output is the same as what Jon found in the previous email, failing on
> >the call to strcpy().  I've logged the gdb output to a file and can
> >attach it if anyone is interested.
>
> Yes, please.
>
> Assuming for the moment this is a defect in the cygwin DLL, it would
> be interesting to see the output of 'mount'.  You might also want to
> install the cygwin-debuginfo package and see if you can debug the
> problem in getmntent().
>
> It might be worthwhile installing the latest cygwin snapshot [1] to
> see if the problem still exists.
>
> [1] http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

First step is to take XWin out of the picture.  If this is a generic
problem with getmntent, then a standard getmntent loop should show the
same behaviour:

  #include <stdio.h>
  #include <mntent.h>

  int main ()
  {
    FILE *fp;
    struct mntent *mnt;

    fp = setmntent ("/etc/mtab", "r");
    while ((mnt = getmntent (fp)) != NULL)
      printf ("name: <%s> mount point: <%s> type: %s flags: <%s>\n",
	      mnt->mnt_fsname, mnt->mnt_dir, mnt->mnt_type, mnt->mnt_opts);
    endmntent (fp);
    return 0;
  }

Now the question is, if the same problem occurs, why?  Please paste
the contents of /etc/fstab and, if it exists, /etc/fstab.d/$USER
into your reply.

Corinna

Red Hat