Re: Issue with XWin under xlaunch

On 4/24/2012 7:54 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 23/04/2012 16:04, Ken Brown wrote:
I've added some code to capture stdout and stderr from these subprocesses to
the X server log, and to more clearly diagnose problems which could occur
while fork/exec-ing them.

Would it be possible for you to also add some code for diagnosing problems with processes started from .startxwinrc? I'm hoping it might help with the problem I reported in

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2012-04/msg00050.html

Hmm.. not sure code is really needed. You can see the output from startxwin by running it from a terminal, or capture it by changing the shortcut which runs it to something like the following (perhaps we should do that by default)

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c '/usr/bin/startxwin.exe
/var/log/xwin/startxwin.log 2>&1'

That doesn't help, but I'll reply to my original thread to explain why. I shouldn't have interjected my question into this thread.

Ken