Re: Taskbar appearance changes between xorg-server 11 series and 12.0 series (more)

On 11/04/2012 11:39, Eliot Moss wrote:
> When playing around with xlaunch configurations and such,
> I ran startxwin several times this morning. ONCE, X came
> up without the iconized StartXWin window (i.e., things
> displayed as they used to before I upgraded xorg-server).
>
> This makes me suspect that there may be some kind of
> timing-related behavior. Perhaps the relevant code did
> not change between releases, but other changes affected
> relative timing of various actions, exposing a latent
> bug or race condition.

I'm still not entirely sure what process in running in this window you
complain of.  Can you be say what the title and contents of this window are?

I'm also not sure if this problem is related to he X server at all.  Can you
try creating a shortcut which runs the following command, for example, and see
if the bash window is always successfully hidden?

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "sleep 10"

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer