Re: most recent xfig-3.2.5b-2 broken.

Subj: most recent xfig-3.5.2b-2 broken.

                              2012.02.27.16:18:08 UT

> I see no reason to re-install cygwin. It is purely a Avast problem

Hi Marco,

      I went and re-installed my antivirus so that its
files would be stored in a better directory.  That has
fixed my problem, as the av still slips .dll's into the
execution stack when I run cygwin processes, but now
my system knows where everything can be found.

       I tested the new octave.  At first it crashed
when I asked for plots, but then I did the:

rebaseall -v

from the ash-shell, and everything works.  Both the
latest xfig and the new octave-3.6.1 work as they
should.  Thank you for your patience.

George                         gbarrick_at_walsh_dot_edu