Re: XWin.exe: _XSERVTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed

Just a brief comment:
I have observed the same problem after an update within the last week or so, but the previously running version was several months old, so I don't know which release caused this originally.
In my case, the X server simply dies after perhaps a minute. I was able to start the server manually though without the problem, bypassing all startup scripts and the 'run' utility, but haven't had time to investigate further.

Bonggren, Jeffrey L wrote:
Hello,

I have recently noticed that XWin.exe is spinning and maxing out a CPU core. I checked the log and saw that it is spamming it with "_XSERVTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed" messages at a rate of about one per millisecond. This is generating a very large log file!

X seems to be behaving normally in spite of this. I typically run only xterm and nedit (many instances) locally.

I have verified that the Windows firewall has a blanket allow rule for XWin.exe.

I can't place the exact update that caused this problem, but I believe it was not having this issue in December 2011. I am never more than a week behind on updating cygwin. I tried falling back to the previous 1.11.4-2 version of xorg-server, but it failed to start. Perhaps a version conflict with some of the other updated packages?

I am attaching my cygcheck (redacted), startxwin.bat and XWin.0.log (truncated!) files.

Thank you,

Jeff