RE: FW: RE: Cut and Paste between X and WindowsXP sometimes fails

>>> Yes, this is a rather long-standing problem (see the bug report at [1] for
>>> some of the technical details), which is unfortunately not easy to fix in a
>>> way that works well for all cases.
>>>
>>> Fortunately, there is a simple workaround for the moment: If you install and
>>> run xclipboard, that will cause XWin to notice every change of the clipboard
>>> contents.
>>
>> Thanks for the reply, Jon.
>>
>> Exactly "how" do I use xclipboard...???
>>
>> Here's how I'm starting Xwin right now in a
>> Windows Script called startx.bat:
>>
>> 	@echo off
>> 	C:
>>
>> 	chdir C:\cygwin\bin
>>
>> 	bash -c "PATH=$PATH:/bin:/usr/bin;XWin -clipboard -logverbose 3 -ac -query cdcxvd0559.con-way.com -fp \"tcp/cdcxvd0559.con-way.com:8000,/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/,/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/share/fonts/Type1/\"  &"
>>

>> You'll notice I use XDMCP to establish a CDE session on cdcxvd0559...
>>
>> I've tried starting xclipboard in the same script, after starting Xwin
>> (and sometimes even specifying -noclipboard)... and I always get
>> an IO error.... and X-win dies.
>
>Ah. Applying this workaround is perhaps not so simple when using XDMCP :-(
>
>You can't just add a 'xclipboard' line after 'XWin &', because the X server
>may still be starting up when xclipboard tries to start, which will fail.
>
>However, this shouldn't lead to the X server itself dying.
>
>It's possible to put a wait here, but there are a couple of other reasons why
>this approach won't work well.
>
>You might find it easier to start xclipboard on the host you are XDMCPing to,
>possibly as part of your login script there....

Jon,

Given that I'd have to "build" xclipboard for the host that I'm XDMCPing to,
and that host is running AIX... Sadly, I may just have to "live" with the problem.

Is there any hope that the issue will be corrected in the foreseeable future...???

-tony