Re: XWIN-1.11.3.0 crashes when some client programs terminate.

On 10/01/2012 04:01, rodmedina@cantv.net wrote:
> With the last release of Xwin (1.11.3.0) I have found the following problem.
> The termination of some programs that otherwise work correctly, produces
> a crash of Xwin. With some client programs the problem allways appears,
> with others it happens only occationally. I am attaching the sources of a
>  simple program that consistently produces the crash of the server.

I tried your test program, but couldn't reproduce the crash.

Perhaps you can follow the instructions at [1] and produce a backtrace?

Thanks for attaching the cygcheck.out and XWin.0.log files. I notice one odd
thing in the XWin.0.log:

[  9863.906] setlocale failed.

According to your cygcheck.out, you have LANG = 'es_VE.ISO-8859-1', which
should be valid, and I can't reproduce this either, so there is something I
don't understand going on here.  Does this error disappear when you revert to
a previous version also?

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/devel/backtrace.html

--
Jon TURNEY