XTerms show up behind other Windows/XP/7 application windows when launched

I've been using the X server that comes with Cygwin for a long time, and
one thing that I've never been able to find a solution for is that many
times when launching an XTerm window, it comes up behind other applications
running on the Windows/XP/7 display. I'm using Windows/XP at work and Windows
7 at home, and it happens in both places.

The other Windows applications (native Windows applications, not X applications)
are not configured to stay on top or anything like that.

I do use Focus Follows Mouse (a Windows feature) but even when I don't move the
mouse after launching an XTerm, the new XTerm window can come up behind other
windows.

I see the application icon show up in the application bar (across the bottom
of the display) and can click on that to cause the XTerm to come to the front,
but it's really annoying that it doesn't show at the front when it first comes
up.

Is there something I can do to make this work properly?

The X Server version is currently 1.10.1-1 (built 2011-04-22), but like I say,
it's been happening for a long time, going back years.

Thanks,