AW: AW: Can't paste text or type blind keys when mouse is out of the window

> >> I assume that you see the same behavior with other X applications, i.e. it's
> >> not xterm-specific?
> >
> > No, at least xedit works fine on my PC, with blind keys and with mouse text pasting,
> > no matter if the mouse pointer is really inside or on blue window frame or
> > (for blind keys:) really outside.
> >

> Actually, maybe this is an xterm problem?
>
> It seems to be somehow related to the xterm's --enable-toolbar configuration
> (which is turned on in the cygwin package).  If I rebuild xterm with that
> disabled, the problem goes away, and I can also reproduce the problem on F15
> under twm if I build xterm with --enable-toolbar there (which is not enabled
> in the distro supplied package)

Hi Jon,

maybe it's a workaround to include two xterm builds in the cygwin release:
one xterm compiled with --enable-toolbar and the other having it disabled.

I don't use the toolbar, so I would have the blind keys working fine at zero cost.

Paul