(X)Emacs Window Manager commands

A web search shows that this has been asked before, but I thought I'd put it
out there again.

When using Cygwin X in multi-window mode (i.e. with each X window being its
own MS Windows window), the window manager ignores the window manager
requests from Emacs and XEmacs to raise and lower windows, minimize and
reopen windows (frames in Emacs talk).

These would be nice to have ...