Re: gvim tiny font in 1.7.7 (back again)

Jon, et al --

...and then Jon TURNEY said...
%
% On 25/10/2010 11:25, David T-G wrote:
% >
% >Any more ideas? :-(
%
% But perhaps you mean that gvim is the only application which shows this
% problem?

Yup -- so far, anyway.

%
% You might compare the appearance of the fonts shown by 'xfd -fa Courier'
% and 'xfd -fn -*-courier-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*' to test that.

I'm back with xfd loaded now.  Sure enough, the two are distinctly
different; the former is smaller than the latter, although not so tiny as
to be invisible as in gvim.  This sure sounds like a lead, though!

I am leery of posting attachments to the mailing list, so I haven't
attached screen shots of the xfd layouts.  In addition, I ran xlsfonts
and it generated 2582 lines; that's probably more than I should paste
here.  Let me know what information I can provide, however.

Soooo...  What do I do to make my fonts all be happy?

Thanks again & HANN

:-D
--
David T-G