Re: Cygwin X causes system pauses

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM, I wrote:

> After some period of time, if I try to type something into an Outlook
> E-mail message, the text pauses (no echo), then after several/many
> seconds, it will appear (usually with the typos I didn't see). ?If I
> kill XWin.exe, then normal performance is restored. ?This problem is
> exacerbated (or happens sooner) if I'm doing a lot of cut/copy/paste
> in Emacs.
>
> A second problem is sometimes I copy text from a Windows app. then try
> to paste it into Emacs. ?Instead of the text showing up, I get an XWin
> hourglass and I'm pretty much hosed at this point (only the X system
> is hung, the rest of the PC is fine). ?Killing XWin.exe and restarting
> fixes this problem.

I have been running the test X-server 1.9.x and this XWin.exe since
September 30:

? ?XWin.20100923-git-2172af4d1ea713f1.exe

I have not had ANY of these problems since installing this server. ?I
guess all the clipboard work that CGF et. al. is doing is paying off!

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, http://www.ad1c.us