Re: SIGSEGV in xorg-1.8.2.0 during -resize operation

On 8/12/2010 5:46 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 10/08/2010 06:48, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 8/10/2010 12:02 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 09/08/2010 22:14, Ryan Johnson wrote:
When I detached the monitor to leave the office, X disappeared with signal 11
(log attached). Oddly, the log file didn't mention -resize as an argument to
XWin, but it did attempt to resize so I assume the feature was active.

Oh dear. Well it seems I only thought I added code to only enable resize support in multiwindow mode when requested, so it's always on for multiwindow mode at the moment. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also seems that the -resize code completely fails to correctly handle a change of colour depth (e.g. from 32 bits to 16 bits or vice versa) leading to this segfault.

Unfortunately, fixing this looks to be quite complex :-(

Thanks for testing, anyhow :-)
So... does that mean I have to roll back or face a seg fault after every commute? Or is there a way to explicitly disable it?

Ryan