X forwarding works for Cygwin client but not for Debian

Hi

I seem to be able to make X forwarding work between my Cygwin clients, but not between a Debian client and Cygwin SSH server(at least not properly). The weird thing is that I can run something like "xcalc" from the Debian shell without any issues, it just pops up as expected, but "Gvim" gives me error. This is what I get when I try to run Gvim from a connected Debian shell (ssh -X host)

"
Vim: Caught deadly signal SYS
Vim: Finished.
Bad system call
"
When I run "vim" I get no problem(in the forwarded connection), so I assume there is some kind of issue with the Gui version.

I can connect to same server with a Cygwin client and run "Gvim" in a forwarded session no problem.

I am really not sure what I am doing wrong here. I am not very literate about these problems. I do not even know what logs I can provide in this email. So if anyone needs to know more please let me know. I can try providing whatever is needed to figure out the issue.

thanks